Tuesday 18 January 2011

...of a slave

"First of all, you will now get a serious taste of the whip - though for no offence on your part - so that you may understand what you can expect if you act clumsy, disobedient, or rebellious."
With savage grace she now hiked up the fur-trimmed sleeve and lashed my back.
I winced - the whip cut into my flesh like a knife.
"Well, how do you like it?" she cried.
I held my tongue.
"Just wait. You'll be whimpering like a dog under my whip," she threatened, and she promptly began to lash me.
The strokes fell quick and dense, with dreadful force, upon my back, my arms, my neck. I gritted my teeth to keep from shrieking. Then she struck my face, warm blood ran down my skin, but she laughed and kept whipping.
"Now I understand you," she cried, "It's really a pleasure to have someone in my power and, in the bargain, a man who loves me -you do love me? No - oh! I'll shred you to bits. My pleasure is growing with every stroke. Writhe a little, scream, whimper! You'll get no mercy from me."
At last she seemed tired.

[Venus In Furs, Sacher-Masoch, L. v.]

No comments:

Post a Comment